* UAW calls Tesla-Toyota tie-up "welcome news" * UAW chief urges venture to hire back UAW workers DETROIT, May 21 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers union urged Toyota Motor Corp and electric car start-up Tesla Motors to hire union workers when they reopen a recently closed plant near San Francisco. UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said the news that Toyota and Tesla would tie up to build an electric vehicle at a Fremont, California, plant formerly operated by Toyota and General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW presses Toyota, Tesla to hire union workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.