DETROIT, Feb 21 (Reuters) - The head of the United Auto Workers Union said on Wednesday that he had no opinion about a potential takeover of Chrysler Group by General Motors Corp. "I have absolutely no opinion on that at all," Ron Gettelfinger told Detroit radio station WJR in a morning interview. The comments were the first from the UAW chief since word emerged last week that GM had been in talks on a potential acquisition of the struggling Chrysler unit from parent DaimlerChrysler AG. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW says 'no opinion' on possible GM-Chrysler deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.