WASHINGTON, Nov 30 (Reuters) - The Big Three U.S. automakers should tell Congress they will limit corporate pay, bonuses and severance packages in return for government loans, the president of the United Auto Workers union said on Sunday. On CNN's "Late Edition," UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said carmakers only need a loan to tide them over a tough period and insisted high union wages were not the key cause of waning sales at General Motors Corp , Ford Motor Co and Chrysler LLC. "They ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW wants limits on carmakers' executive pay" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.