CHICAGO, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Auto parts supplier American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. said Thursday that about 7,500 members of the United Auto Workers went on strike at midnight when their contract expired. The work stoppage occurred at plants in New York, Ohio and Michigan. The UAW could not be reached for immediate comment.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW workers go on strike at American Axle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.