(Updates with background) TOKYO, June 24 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp warned again on Tuesday that it could fall short of its sales target for the United States, setting the stage for a downward revision of its estimates next month. Toyota warned earlier this month that it would likely post lower U.S. sales this year, missing its original forecast for a 1 percent rise to 2.64 million vehicles as high gas prices and a sluggish economy cut into demand for trucks. "We have to say that it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UDPATE 1-Toyota hints at cut to U.S. sales forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.