(Adds details, comment from Democrats, labor) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, April 29 (Reuters) - U.S. labor and industry officials are nearing agreement on a proposed trust fund of between $90 billion and $120 billion to pay asbestos injury claims, a senator overseeing the effort said on Tuesday. "We're almost there," said Utah Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch, who in March asked the warring parties to thousands of asbestos lawsuits to help him draft legislation to resolve the crisis that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UDPATE 1-U.S. asbestos fund seen at $90-$120 billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.