LONDON, Sept 23 (Reuters) - British car production in August was 37.3 percent higher than a year earlier, and year-to-date output was up by an annual 41.3 percent, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders said on Thursday. SMMT said carmakers turned out 77,882 vehicles in August, some 57,005 of which were destined for export, a rise of 51.8 percent on the year. "UK vehicle and engine production continues to lead a strong manufacturing recovery," said SMMT chief executive Paul ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UK August car output +37.3 pct y/y - SMMT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.