LONDON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Car production in Britain surged by 28.7 percent on a seasonally-adjusted basis in August, giving hope to manufacturers who have been in the doldrums for much of the past year, official data showed on Tuesday. Economists said the stronger than expected rise, which could have been partly due to distortions caused by the Golden Jubilee celebrations earlier in the summer, contradicted a recent raft of data showing a fast slowing economy. "There is certainly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UK car output surge bodes well for manufacturing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.