* UK union fears 1,000 plus job losses at Vauxhall plants * Union seeks talks with prospective owner Magna LONDON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - A union representing workers at GM's British Vauxhall unit said on Tuesday it feared that at least 1,000 jobs could be cut under a planned takeover. The head of the Unite union called for talks with Canadian car parts company Magna over the future of the two British plants, at Luton, in southern England, and Ellesmere Port in the northwest, which employ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UK union seeks talks with Magna over Vauxhall jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.