DETROIT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. has won a contract for its train locomotive unit to build 175 diesel locomotives for Union Pacific Corp. , the two companies told Reuters. The deal is the largest between the two companies since GM won a contract to supply 1,000 train locomotives to Union Pacific in 1999, spokesmen for the companies said. They declined to reveal the terms of the contract. Delivery of the locomotives is scheduled to start in the second quarter next year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Pacific orders 175 locomotives from GM unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.