* Speeding development of U.S.-made high-tech products * Inventing it here, manufacturing it here (Updates with Dow Chemical CEO remarks) By Laura MacInnis PITTSBURGH, June 24 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday launched an initiative to develop new U.S. manufacturing jobs by teaming up government with companies and universities to invest more than $500 million in advanced technologies. Obama, who must ease high U.S. unemployment to be confident of winning a second White ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPATE 2-Obama launches technology partnership to spur jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.