(Adds background, deal details) BRUSSELS, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Spain's Abertis won permission on Friday from the European Commission to buy Italy's Autostrade in a deal that will create the world's largest toll road operator and infrastructure company. The deal was approved after the two companies overcame a number of regulatory hurdles -- including being effectively blocked from merging by Italy's authorities, for which the government received a rap from the Commission. "The proposed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Abertis wins EU permission to buy Autostrade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.