(Adds details) DETROIT, June 23 (Reuters) - About 40,000 hourly workers have accepted buyout and early retirement offers by General Motors Corp. and Delphi Corp. , exceeding expectations, a United Auto Workers union local official said on Friday. About 30,000 GM workers have taken the offer as of Friday morning, while about 10,000 workers at Delphi, a former GM parts unit that has filed for bankruptcy, have taken the offer, the official said. "It has exceeded all our expectations," the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-About 40,000 workers accept GM, Delphi buyouts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.