* Akebono: in talks on part of Bosch North America brake ops * Wants to make decision on acquisition by end of 2009 (Adds background, details) TOKYO, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Japanese auto parts maker Akebono Brake said it is in talks with Germany's Robert Bosch [ROBG.UL] to buy part of its brake business in North America. An Akebono spokesman said the company wants to make a decision by the end of 2009 whether it will buy assets from Robert Bosch. He did not elaborate on exactly which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Akebono in talks to buy some Robert Bosch brake ops" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.