(Adds details, quotes) NEW YORK, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Aluminum giant Alcoa Inc. said on Wednesday it reached a temporary agreement with the New York Power Authority to help avoid a shutdown of its Massena East smelter, although Alcoa will slash 110 jobs at the plant in 2003 as part of a restructuring plan. The company said a $7 million temporary economic incentive with the NYPA will greatly reduce operating costs early next year at Massena, located about 260 miles north of Albany near the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Alcoa averts plant closure via power deal, layoffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.