(Recasts, adds background, plant manager quote) NEW YORK, Dec 27 (Reuters) - Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. said on Wednesday members of United Auto Workers Local 1050, which represents 830 employees at its facility in Cleveland, Ohio, ratified a four-year labor contract to end a two-month strike. The UAW-represented employees will return to work on Jan. 2, 2007, the company said. "Compromises were made by both Alcoa and UAW Local 1050 that have resulted in a fair and competitive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Alcoa Cleveland Works' UAW workers ratify contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.