(Adds details) LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - U.S. aluminium producer Alcoa Inc said on Thursday it plans an orderly shutdown of its two Italian smelters by February 6, despite government efforts to find energy at a competitive price. "The best course, and the one that provides the best opportunity for the future operation of these smelters is, ...an orderly curtailment, which we plan to achieve by February 6," Alcoa said in a statement. But the company committed earlier this week to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Alcoa to shut Italy aluminium plants by Feb 6." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.