(Recasts first sentence, adds details after paragraph 4) DETROIT, July 24 (Reuters) - American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. on Wednesday reported higher quarterly earnings due to strong sales of light truck components to top customer General Motors Corp. . The parts supplier said productivity improvements and a focus on cost controls also bolstered profit margins. American Axle, which makes axles and steering and suspension systems, said its second-quarter net income rose to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-American Axle profit up on light truck sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.