NEW YORK, Sept 28 (Reuters) - GenTek Inc , a maker of specialty chemicals and vehicle engine components, said on Monday it has agreed to a takeover by a subsidiary of private equity firm American Securities LLC for $411 million in cash. The American Securities unit will assume about $262 million in debt. Under terms of the deal, ASP GT Acquisition, a subsidiary of American Securities, will pay $38 per GenTek share, a 41 percent premium over Friday's closing price of $27 on the Nasdaq. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-American Securities pays $411 mln for GenTek" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.