(Adds quotes, details) SHANGHAI, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Arcelor , the world's top steel maker, has agreed to join a $785 million venture with China's Baosteel and Nippon Steel to supply flat steel to a booming Chinese auto sector, the companies said Tuesday. Baosteel will hold half of the 6.5 billion yuan ($785.3 million) venture, while Nippon and Arcelor will own 38 percent and 12 percent respectively, three of the world's five largest makers of the metal said in a joint statement. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Arcelor joins Baosteel-Nippon $785 mln China steel JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642