(Releads with company confirmation) FRANKFURT, June 27 (Reuters) - Around 1,000 workers at Volkswagen , Europe's biggest carmaker, have accepted voluntary severance packages over the past three weeks, the company said, confirming a report in Bild newspaper on Tuesday. "The initial phase has exceeded expectations," a spokesman said. While it was not foreseeable just how many would eventually take advantage of the deal, he added that VW was working its way through a waiting list. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Around 1,000 workers accept Volkswagen severance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642