(New throughout, adds byline) By Jeffrey Goldfarb NEW YORK, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Dana Corp. became the latest company to fend off an unwanted takeover attempt when hostile suitor ArvinMeritor Inc. said on Sunday it would terminate the offer it launched in July. ArvinMeritor, a Troy, Michigan-based maker of axles, brake and exhaust and suspension systems, pulled its tender offer shortly after Dana's board announced that it unanimously had rejected the $18-a-share bid. ArvinMeritor, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-ArvinMeritor calls off takeover battle for Dana" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.