(Recasts lead, adds details, outlook) DETROIT, July 31 (Reuters) - Auto dealer Asbury Automotive Group Inc. on Thursday posted lower quarterly earnings, due to the costs of closing some used car operations, including its Wal-Mart pilot project. The Stamford, Connecticut-based company said second-quarter net earnings fell to $12.3 million, or 38 cents per share, from $12.8 million, or 37 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Asbury earlier this month said it would stop selling used ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Asbury earnings hurt by cuts in used car stores" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.