(Adds details) By Christiaan Hetzner and Philip Blenkinsop BRUSSELS, May 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's premium unit Audi began production on Wednesday of its A3 Sportback, a five-door hatchback, in the former VW plant in Brussels that had seemed doomed six months ago. Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt and Volkswagen and Audi executives looked on as the first car was driven into a fanfare reception before management, union leaders and workers. "The plant was being written off as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Audi breathes new life into VW's Brussels plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.