(Adds comments from prime minister in para five and Mitsubishi Australia CEO in para nine) CANBERRA, May 21 (Reuters) - The Australian government said on Friday it would give Mitsubishi Motors Corp A$50 million ($35 million) to help a restructuring and expressed relief at the company decision to retain one of its two Australian plants. Earlier in Tokyo, Mitsubishi said it would close its engine assembly plant in Adelaide, South Australia, by October 2005 as part of a plan to revive the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Australia govt gives Mitsubishi A$50 mln funding" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.