(Adds background, share price) WOLFSBURG, Germany, June 23 (Reuters) - Volkswagen will use its Auto 5000 division as a model for a new in-house pay agreement which the carmaker is trying to adopt as a way to cut labour costs, its personnel chief said on Friday. Around 3,800 employees in Auto 5000, who build the Touran van, earn nearly 2,600 euros ($3,272) a month and work up to 42 hours a week. Staff employed under the standard VW in-house wage deal earn the same amount but work 28.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Auto 5000 unit a model for VW wage plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.