(Adds Sonic comment, updates shares) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Shares of auto dealer group Sonic Automotive Inc. plunged 21 percent on Tuesday after its third-quarter earnings declined on poor sales at its Ford and Chrysler franchises. The news was better for another dealer group, Lithia Motors Inc. , as its third-quarter earnings rose 21 percent on additional stores selling more new vehicles, services and financing. Sonic and Lithia, along with other auto dealer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Auto dealers see mixed results; Sonic off sharply" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642