(Adds detail, background) STOCKHOLM, March 17 (Reuters) - Autoliv , the world's biggest maker of air bags and seat belts, said on Thursday it would close a British assembly plant for air bags, cutting 520 jobs and taking $15 million in charges. The Swedish company said in a statement it would phase out the plant, in Havant, this year due to a lack of future business in Britain. About 300 jobs would be moved to other plants in Europe, mainly Turkey. The remaining jobs, mainly customer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Autoliv closes U.K. plant, takes charges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.