(Recasts, adds General Motors' supplier pricing goals, Chrysler comment, byline) By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, Nov 18 (Reuters) - U.S. automakers, which are engaged in a profit-eroding price war and losing market share to foreign rivals, are stepping up the pressure on their parts suppliers to reduce costs. Ford Motor Co. , aiming to return its auto business to profitability, has asked its suppliers to shave another 3.5 percent off the price of components, beginning Jan. 1, a Ford spokesman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Automakers press suppliers for lower prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.