(Adds details throughout) DETROIT, April 29 (Reuters) - Car dealership group AutoNation Inc. on Thursday posted weaker net earnings from a year earlier when proceeds from a tax settlement drove up its profit. AutoNation said its net earnings fell to $87.3 million, or 32 cents per share, from $185.0 million, or 63 cents per share, in the previous first quarter, when it had a non-cash tax benefit of $127.5 million. In February, AutoNation said it expected first-quarter earnings in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-AutoNation earnings fall from year-ago tax gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.