* Q3 EPS from continuing ops $0.36 vs estimate of $0.35 * Revenue down 15 pct to $2.9 billion in quarter * Cost-cutting, "Cash for Clunkers" boosted results DETROIT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - AutoNation Inc , the largest U.S. auto retailer, on Thursday posted a quarterly profit on cost-cutting and the U.S. government's "Cash for Clunkers" program and said it would target dealership acquisitions as the market recovers. The company, which has been slashing costs to ride out the slump in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-AutoNation posts profit on cost-cutting, Clunkers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642