(Adds detail) OTTAWA, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Tumbling auto sales dragged down Canada's wholesale trade by 2.9 percent in December, more than expected and bringing the value of monthly sales to their lowest since November 2006, Statistics Canada said on Tuesday. Analysts had expected a decline of just 0.6 percent, on average, in wholesale activity in December from November. Statscan revised the November increase to 0.2 percent from 0.3 percent. Auto sector sales plunged 8.1 percent, more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Autos drag down Canada wholesale trade in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.