(Adds market reaction, wholesale data) By Gilbert Le Gras OTTAWA, April 27 (Reuters) - Surging auto sales drove Canadian retail trade up 2.3 percent in February from the month before, the biggest gain in more than six years, Statistics Canada said on Tuesday. Analysts had forecast, on average, a 1.0 percent increase from January and Statscan revised January's rise up to 1.7 percent from the preliminary estimate of 1.6 percent. The Canadian dollar firmed on the news to C$1.3491 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Autos drive Canada Feb retail to six-year high" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.