(Updates throughout with quotes, adds byline) By Michael Ellis MAKUHARI, Japan, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Renault SA Chairman Louis Schweitzer said on Thursday that he expects the revamped Megane car range will push up the French auto maker's operating profit margins in 2004 above 4 percent, from a target of 3.5 to 4 percent this year. "We look for an operating margin in 2004 above 4 percent," Schweitzer told reporters at the Tokyo Motor Show. The weak French economy and auto sales will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-AUTOSHOW-Renault sees higher margins in 2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.