(Adds details on sales) CHICAGO, May 22 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc. , the largest U.S. auto parts retail chain, posted a 5 percent rise in quarterly earnings on Tuesday as sales at existing U.S. stores edged higher. Net income increased to $151.6 million, or $2.17 per share, in its fiscal third quarter ended May 5, from $144.4 million, or $1.89 per share, a year earlier. Sales rose 4 percent to $1.47 billion. Analysts, on average, expected Memphis, Tennessee-based AutoZone to report ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-AutoZone 3rd-quarter earnings rise 5 percent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.