(Recasts first sentence, adds analysts' comments, details, background, stock action) CHICAGO, May 24 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc. , the largest U.S. auto parts retail chain, on Wednesday posted lower quarterly earnings due to higher costs for store improvement, but shares rose 3.5 percent on improving same-store sales. Net income slipped 2.3 percent to $144.4 million for its fiscal third quarter ended May 6, from $147.8 million a year earlier. Per-share earnings rose to $1.89 from $1.86 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-AutoZone posts profit, same store sales rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.