(Adds detail, share price, background) LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Shares in Avis Europe Plc sank by as much as 22 percent on Thursday after the car rental firm warned that profits this year would be lower because companies had tightened their belts and reined in their travel budgets. Avis Europe said it now expected full-year profits in euros before tax, exceptional items and goodwill amortisation to be up to 15 percent lower than 2001 and did not see a recovery in corporate volumes in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Avis Europe shares sink after profit warning" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.