(adds BAE has no comment, background) LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Britain's BAE Systems Plc has submitted an offer for the defence assets of TRW Inc, the U.S. group being pursued by at least one other bidder in a $6 billion race, a source familiar with the matter said on Tuesday. Defence contractor BAE said two weeks ago it may join the field chasing TRW as it seeks to profit from rising U.S. defence spending that has gained urgency since September 11. The Wall Street Journal reported ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BAE places bid for TRW defence assets-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.