(Adds quotes, details) SHANGHAI, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Baoshan Iron and Steel Co , the listed arm of China's largest steel maker, said on Monday it expected talks on building a plant with Nippon Steel Corp to yield results in the first quarter of 2003. In November, the Japanese steel giant said it was in discussion with Baosteel to build a Shanghai plant to make steel sheets for the booming Chinese car market. Japanese media said the investment was worth 120 billion yen ($1 billion). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Baosteel says expects result of Nippon talks in Q1" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.