(Adds details paragraphs 3-6) JOHANNESBURG, Nov 20 (Reuters) - South African brand management group Barloworld said on Thursday it had made a firm cash and share offer to acquire the 65.3 percent of Avis it does not already own for a total 1.42 billion rand ($215.4 million). Avis shareholders will receive 970 rand in cash and five Barloworld shares for every 100 Avis shares held, the firms said in a joint statement. This translates into 1.085 billion rand in cash and 335 million rand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Barloworld makes $215 mln offer for Avis" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.