(Adds details, paragraphs 3-6) JOHANNESBURG, May 20 (Reuters) - South African industrial brand management group Barloworld Ltd said on Tuesday a strong rand and the adoption of a new accounting method hit earnings for the first half of the financial year as it had warned. Barloworld said headline earnings, which strip out exceptional items and their tax effects, dropped to 211 cents a share in the six months to March, 2003, from 270 cents in the same period last year. The group, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Barloworld says rand knocks H1 earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.