(Adds details, quotes) JOHANNESBURG, May 23 (Reuters) - Mining group BHP Billiton said on Friday it had been hit by power cuts earlier this week at its smelters, but added that interruptions to supply were short and did not affect output. Aluminium smelters are among the biggest industrial consumers of electricity. BHP spokesman Maredi Mogodi told Reuters the cuts lasted just under an hour, and a loss of power for about two hours or more would have led to production declines. He said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BHP says aluminium plants hit by power cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.