(Adds details, background, share price) FRANKFURT, July 31 (Reuters) - German car parts maker Continental , target of a hostile takeover bid, met expectations with a second-quarter drop in operating profit and reaffirmed its 2008 targets on Thursday. "We are expecting to post sales exceeding 26.4 billion euros ($41.15 billion) as planned, although that target will be more difficult to achieve, especially in light of the significant cuts in production in the USA," said Continental Chief ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Bid target Continental keeps FY targets on solid Q2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.