(Adds details) JOHANNESBURG, Dec 19 (Reuters) - South Africa's Bidvest said on Friday it had upped its offer to small investors of auto retailer McCarthy Ltd to buy their shares at 36 cents each from 33 but major investors had already accepted the original deal. Diversified industrial firm Bidvest said the deal was worth around one billion rand ($150 million). It said banks holding around 88 percent of McCarthy had accepted the 33 cents a share offer. But shareholders with 1.13 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Bidvest ups offer to small McCarthy investors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.