(adds background on dispute with Iran, U.S. oil reserve) WASHINGTON, March 28 (Reuters) - The United States could use its large Strategic Petroleum Reserve to counter a short-term disruption in Middle East Gulf oil shipments caused by tensions with Iran, the head of the U.S. Energy Information Administration said Wednesday. "We have substantial emergency supplies" of oil to offset problems in Gulf shipping," EIA's Guy Caruso told reporters. Oil prices shot up this week as traders ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Big US oil supply to offset Mideast Gulf disruption" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.