(Adds details) FRANKFURT, May 30 (Reuters) - BMW , the world's largest premium carmaker, plans to build the new BMW X1 compact sport utility vehicle at its Leipzig plant in Germany, which now assembles up to 700 cars a day, it said on Friday. "The exact time point of production start and the market launch of the X1 will be revealed at a later date," the company said in a statement. With hundreds of millions of euros lost in each of the past few years due to currency headwinds, BMW is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BMW to build new X1 compact SUV in Leipzig" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.