(Updates with signing, adds executive comment, background) By Scott Hillis BEIJING, March 27 (Reuters) - BMW AG signed a deal on Thursday to produce the German luxury cars in China, one of the world's fastest-growing car markets. "China is one of the most important stepping stones in our strategy," BMW Chairman Helmut Panke told reporters. "Many of us believe China will be the largest market in the world." Under the long-awaited deal, BMW and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings , ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BMW to make cars in booming China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642