(Adds shares, detail) FRANKFURT, Jan 31 (Reuters) - German luxury carmaker BMW AG said on Friday it was recalling 164,000 of its X5 sports utility vehicles (SUVs) worldwide due to a fault with the brake hose, a move that would cost up to five million euros. "We have written to customers asking them to bring their cars to the garage. It could affect 164,000 cars, 19,900 of them in Germany," a BMW spokesman said, adding that the necessary adjustments would only take a few minutes. He ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BMW recalls 164,000 X5 SUVs worldwide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.