* Cooperation to be announced on Thursday - source * News comes after Toyota announcement of plug-in Prius * BMW shares flat, Toyota closed up 1.9 percent (Adds detail on announcement, background on partnerships) MUNICH, Nov 29 (Reuters) - German carmaker BMW and Japanese rival Toyota Motor are planning to cooperate on research into lithium-ion batteries for electric cars, a source familiar with the situation told Reuters on Tuesday. It was also reported over the weekend that the two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-BMW, Toyota to work on electric car batteries-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.