(Adds company confirmations, GM vote, fresh quote) By Todd Benson SAO PAULO, Brazil, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of metalworkers at Volkswagen AG , Ford Motor Co. and other auto plants in Brazil walked off the job on Wednesday to demand a pay raise from an industry feeling the pain of an economic slowdown. Brazil's powerful ABC metalworkers union said that close to 25,000 workers had joined the strike, which also tripped up production at plants owned by Germany's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Brazil auto workers strike hits VW, Ford, Mercedes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642